AN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF MY LIFE…
UP TILL FEB 2016…
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Private Equity / Investments
- Board Director for various companies
- Family & Personal Time
AFTER FEB 2016…
- Working on my business
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Volunteering Time
- Family & Personal Time
MY LIFE UP TILL 2016…
… I was a corporate lawyer in Singapore.
You could say lawyering was in my blood, having come from a family of lawyers. I became a Barrister in 1996, called to the Bar in England. In 1998, I became a lawyer here in Singapore, where I’ve lived ever since. I became an “in-house” lawyer in 2000, and quickly rose through the ranks to become a regional head and eventually global head of legal for the companies I worked for.
Corporate legal work became a passion. I honestly could not think of a better job, it paid well, and one’s advice was seldom questioned. However, like a frog slowly being boiled in a pot, I did not realize how little time I was spending with my family. Part of the reason I immersed myself in work, was also that I saw little option, but to keep doing the same thing until I retired, or heaven forbid, am made redundant.
My proudest moments in my career were having invested in and exited via IPOs around the world over $750 million, and been responsible for billions of dollars worth of corporate transactions.
Part of the reason I was so proud of those achievements was that I had no other marketable skills. That would become painfully obvious after Valentine’s Day dinner in 2016.
VALENTINE’S DAY DINNER 2016…
Over dinner, I promised my wife that I would sell some of my ever growing collection of guitars, I went online to learn how to sell guitars online. As a lawyer with little skills outside lawyering, I opted into a couple of things, and paid for an online course with the SFM.
Then I watched a video of Stuart, my would-be mentor, saying “if you learn to sell, you can sell anything”. I had a light bulb moment. That was the answer to my job insecurity. I would learn to sell!
Here’s an excerpt of weekly training that I now conduct to a world wide audience showing them how they too can escape the corporate grind. This part is an introduction to me. This tells the story of my journey as a lawyer and leading up to my signing up as a SFM student before I go into the nuts and bolts of the business.
So I started to learn to sell with a gusto, and by April that same year, a mere 2 months into starting my online business, I managed to leave my corporate lawyers job of 20 years.
But that’s not where the story ends.
After “firing my paycheck”, I started getting desperate. Having been an employee my whole life, the world of entrepreneurship was completely new to me. My mindset was all wrong and I started making mistakes.
Which is where the wonderful community of entrepreneurs of the SFM came in. In June 2016, Jay Kubassek and some of the SFM leaders sat me down when we were at a retreat in Bali, and set me right. By August 2016, a mere 6 months after starting up, I had fully replaced my lawyer’s paycheck. In August 2016, I made about $30,000 in commissions from online sales.
I was invited to speak on a webinar to speak about how I made my turn around, and I include an excerpt here for your viewing pleasure. Excuse my drowsiness, it was 3am in Singapore!
* Clicking this link will take you to a checkout page outside “digimaxlife.com”
*DISCLAIMER – What sets us apart from other online business opportunities is our world class system and methods, as well as our integrity – so we want you to know exactly where you stand. Note that individual results will vary. No results are guaranteed with the help of our training and business systems. All the products and services we provide are for educational and information purposes only. While our member testimonials of success are verifiable, this does not mean you will get the same results. There are those who will not earn any money at all with our program, because individual results will depend on your determination, hard work, and ability to follow directions.
WHAT I DO THESE DAYS…
A large part of life these days is having an abundance of family time, being able to make breakfast for the family when they wake up…
Time spent serving the community and church…
(* see Statement on church affiliations, below)
And of course, work 🙂 Here’s a montage of a trip to Brisbane at the end of 2016, where I addressed an audience of hundreds, got to catch up with my mentors, and bond with my team.
In 2017, during a series of “live” training events in Arizona, a group of my students grabbed me after dinner, and we shot an interview in my suite. I’ve put the video below. It’s 30 mins long and completely unedited.
* Statement on church affiliations: Please note that while I am a Christian and it is important for me to run my business according to my values, my business, Digimaxlife, and our partners SFM, DEA are not affiliated to any church or any Christian ministry.
I LIVE MY DIGIMAX LIFE…
This website endorses online education, information provision, tools, etc that Tim has personally used in his journey from successful corporate lawyer, to successful home business owner.
- When you create an account or purchase any products, we will receive a payment for the referral (“affiliate commission”). Please assume that all links are “affiliate links” for which we will receive an affiliate commission.
- By clicking any affiliate link you will not pay any more than if you were to purchase directly, and in fact, because I am a top affiliate of some of these companies, you may pay less or be eligible for bonuses, eg additional training, as a result of purchasing from my affiliate links. This is my way of giving back to you.
What sets us apart from other online business opportunities is our world class system and methods, as well as our integrity – so we want you to know exactly where you stand.
- Note that individual results will vary. No results are guaranteed with the help of our training and business systems.
- All the products and services we provide are for educational and information purposes only.
- Any business that you may start as a result of our promotions are genuine businesses, and not "get rich quick" schemes. As with all genuine businesses, results cannot be guaranteed.
- While our member testimonials of success are verifiable, this does not mean you will get the same results. There are those who will not earn any money at all with our program, because individual results will depend on your determination, hard work, and ability to follow directions.